Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Have Been Away A Long Time

February 9, 2009.

That is the last time I wrote a blog entry, according to my Blogger dashboard.

There were plenty of times when I thought, "I need to write something for the blog". There were plenty of times when some idea would get stuck in my head and explode in all kinds of various directions and I would think, "I need to turn that into a post."

I never did. I don't know why I didn't. The excuse I most often gave myself was, "I don't have time." And I really didn't, although I wonder if I would have made time if it had meant more to me.

Every Sunday, I stand up in front of a congregation and speak for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes about something that I believe God has put on my heart. Over the course of the following week, I teach Bible studies and prepare devotions for a number of other events. I think the reality of what has happened is that I have more and more found myself in the midst of all these opportunities with a sense of having nothing else to say. Or is it that I am tired of speaking and just don't want to say anything else?

I came back to the blog today to find out if it was really still here. It is ... and I can even still add to it. This may not be the most enlightening post you will ever read, but you know what? It has kind of been fun writing it.

Maybe this is what will bring me back to writing for this blog: writing to have fun.

No comments: