Thought I would take a selfish moment to share what podcasts I am currently subscribed to. Somebody else may enjoy listening to these as well. Feel free to post comments with other suggestions.
1) PTI - ESPN's Pardon the Interruption is the best sports news show, period. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon mix the right blend of humor and smarts to comment on the sports news of the day. I was bummed a couple of years ago when ESPN stopped reairing the show later at night when it was more convenient in my schedule to watch. That is why I was so pumped to be able to get it in podcast format.
2) ACC Nation - Check out www.accnation.com. It is a great blog about ACC sports. They record a radio broadcast twice a week, Monday nights and Wednesday nights, discussing all the different games and issues in the ACC. These guys can get a little sophomorish, but otherwise it is a great podcast with great interviews of ACC broadcasters, writers, announcers, coaches, and players.
3) The Dave Ramsey Show - I just got turned on to Dave Ramsey after one of my church members loaned me "The Total Money Makeover". I really appreciate the financial advice that Ramsey gives in the book, and his daily radio show builds on those same concepts. The podcast is not the whole radio show, but you get a good taste of the program in the 35-45 minute podcast.
4) Marketplace - This American Public Media financial program was one I subscribed to because (quite honestly) I liked the sound of the host. However, whenever I listen to, I always feel like I understand more about our nation's economy than I did before. That is important, especially in recent months.
5) NPR Religion & NPR Technology - these two podcasts are collections of stories from NPR's various shows. The technology one is OK, but the religion one is much more interesting.
6) Buzz Out Loud - This production of C/Net quickly became one of my favorites. The daily podcast is commentary on news in the world of technology. That may sound boring, but these guys (and gals) bring a whole lot of life and fun to it while also bringing some great commentary on issues like copyright law, fair use, and the role of technology in everyday life.
7) This Week in Tech - If you remember TechTV, you know who Leo Laporte. I used to love watching "The Screen Savers" and "Call for Help" with Leo. I have missed Leo ever since the demise of TechTV, but I am ecstatic to find him again at TWIT, the online broadcast network Laporte started. This podcast is recorded on Sundays and provides commentary on all the tech stories of the week. Is a little more hardcore tech that Buzz Out Loud at times, but enjoyable nonetheless.
8) The Bugle - If you watch "The Daily Show", you know who John Oliver is. The Bugle is The Daily Show made in Britain and without the pictures. It is definitely PG-13 in content, but always finds a way to produce a good laugh or two for me.
9) First Baptist Church of Elon - Some may say this is narcissistic. I say I am just making sure that the download works each week.
I am still looking for some good religion podcasts. I used to be subscribed to public radio's "Speaking of Faith", but they started doing a lot of rebroadcasts, and so I unsubscribed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!